Thursday 28 June 2012

Mother Shipton's Cave

Another place that Mum wanted to visit was Mother Shipton's Cave & the Petrifying Well.


We had a lovely day, although it would have probably been better if we'd known in advance that all of the attractions were at the far end of the Beech Walk, as Mum wasn't really up to the long walk.

The Petrifying Well

The Wishing Well


















I loved seeing the waterfall of the mineral rich water, as well as the 'Wishing Well', although the Cave itself seemed to be a trifle over-touristy for my liking.  I bought a few trinkets in the gift shop, before we went for tea at the Lavender Room in "Ye Oldest Chymists Shoppe In England" where I had Lavender & Lemon Scones (I kid you not!) which were lovely :)

See, Lemon & Lavender Scones :D

Especially for Liz!
They had a Print Tray with things in from when the shop had been a Chemists, and the proprietor let me take some photos of it; here's the best one :D

A lovely display.


No comments:

Post a Comment