Friday 2 December 2011

Books so far

I've read two books on my list so far; Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, and Brave New World, so that's my 'modern-classics' section done!

Zen... was very interesting, and I learned a lot from it, especially about the way Himself (Andy) thinks; in particular his attitude to 'quality' is very similar to that espoused in the book.

Brave New World - we're closer to it than we'd probably like to think.  Scary.  I reckon we're somewhere between there & 1984... doubleplusungood.

I'm having a break from Challenge Books after each one, so that it doesn't become a chore (it's supposed to be fun, after all!) and I'll probably read Beowulf or Frankenstein next, but for now I'm reading Neal Asher - Gabble, a collection of short sci-fi stories, which is a nice change from BNW!   

2 comments:

  1. Well done on getting through more of your Challenge - and a good idea to take a break after reading Brave New World to read something you know you'll enjoy! See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D I did enjoy BNW, but in a definitely 'now I want to read something fun' way ;) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete